A place to share books, music, techniques, and all things related to bilingual storytime!

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Retiring the Blog

Hola friends. The time has come for me to retire ¡Es Divertido Hablar Dos Idiomas! Maintaining this blog over the past seven years has been an absolute joy. However, my career is moving along a new path these days, and I no longer am able to invest my time in properly updating it, so I have decided to put it to rest. I will be leaving the content up to hopefully continue to be of value to visitors interested in learning more about bilingual storytime and Latino children's literature. From time to time as I am able, I hope to still add new content, but I know such posts will be less frequent. Rather than leave you all wondering, I wanted to place this post at the top to let you know my decision. I also want to thank all of you who stopped by the blog, whether it was frequently or just once, and shared your thoughts and ideas with me and with other readers. Please keep finding creative and fun ways to grow your bilingual storytime programs and to make sure that all kids in your communities have access to great books!

4 comments:

Phoebe said...

Katie, I have been enjoying your blog for quite awhile! Thanks for all of your great posts. I have enjoyed reading what you write. Best wishes to you. Sincerely, Jenny Oney (I met you at CML).

Katie Scherrer said...

Jenny! How nice to hear from you! Thanks for your kind words. I hope that all is wonderful your way.

KathyS said...

Oh no! I have subbed at bilingual storytimes several times, and am just now about to take the plunge into doing it FT. I was looking forward to consulting your blog regularly into the future! Do you have any favorite resources for Spanish-language children's songs and literature?

Katie Scherrer said...

Thanks for your comment Kathy. I hope to still occasionally post useful information; I just don't have the time to dedicate to doing it regularly any more. As far as resources are concerned, I hope you will be able to take one of my upcoming courses on bilingual storytime. You will finish with tons of resources! I will be teaching it through Library Juice Academy in May, and as a 6-week course incorporating information about outreach to Latino families via the Library of Virginia in early 2015. Also, keep your eyes and ears open in early 2015 for the release of the Spanish version of the Day by Day VA family literacy calendar that I am currently working on. Every day of the year will feature a Spanish book, song, video, activity and web resource. Best of luck to you as you begin offering bilingual storytime on a regular basis. Have fun!!!